September was perhaps not as successful on the photography front as I had hoped. This was partly down to the weather which overall wasnít brilliant, and partly due to my ongoing employment issues, which, try as I might, I just cannot seem to make any headway with. I did make a second trip to Gloucester in order to try and track down some more Henson Pigs - with some success - and I did make it to the Perrygrove Railway's gala and the Hampton Flower Show (photographs awaiting processing), but I didn't manage to get any National Trust properties done.
In hindsight, I wish I processed the photographs from the first Gloucester trip before undertaking the second, as it might have given me some ideas for re-shoots with the pigs I did get. I did re-shoot some of the pigs on the second visit, and I wished that perhaps Iíd shot some alternative angles on some of the others as well. However, most of the week between the two visits was taken up with setting up the home page slideshow, and thus I ended processing both sessions together.
I did make another significant change to the website during the month : the "Performing Arts" gallery was re-purposed to cover physical artworks as well as performance art, becoming "The Art Gallery". On completion of the "Henson Pigs" and "Nature in Art" photographs, I felt that those collections didn't really fit well into any of the other galleries, and I needed a gallery for physical art. Extending "Performing Arts" to cover physical art seemed like the best solution. I also decided on a policy that no photographs or photograph-based products of physical art will be made available for sale without the consent of the artist involved; I don't think that I would be happy if someone took one of my photographs, re-worked it, and then attempted to sell the re-work, so I don't think it fair if I attempt something similar.
I've also added a feature that allows visitors to see expanded versions of the mug and mousemat images, where a higher resolution version of the image is opened in a separate window when the image is clicked on. This was relatively straightforward to implement, although I ended up deciding to have the feature open a webpage rather than the image directly, so that I could keep certain security measures implemented. Unfortunately, I can't currently implement this where I am using a thumbnail image in a table (such as on the product pages, but those images are at higher resolution anyway).
I also reduced the mug and mousemat prices slightly, although this reduces the amount of leeway I have if I want to give out a discount for bulk purchases, particularly with mugs as I canít by-pass 3XM to get the same design from One Vision Imaging directly.
I'm hoping to get some National Trust work done during October, as my score for the year is somewhat lacking.